Monday, September 1, 2008

Bindaas Best & Really Rottens, year 1 Volume 4

So its time for another round of BBRR – “Bindaas Best & Really Rotten”. I thought with one of the biggest sporting event of the world I will be witnessing a flood of new flicks to feast on. But nopes, I am a bit disappointed. There was not only a drought of new ones, but even the ones that came were pretty disappointing. However will be listing them as they are. And again, these are the ones that I liked or hated, so…


Bindaas Best



1. Adidas – “Impossible is Nothing”

The one and only one that really kicked me. Jose(pronounced ‘Hosae’) +10 – impossible is nothing. Just a twist in the usual tag line, but the visual and concept – made me go ga ga. The laugh with the call of “Beckenbauer”, the young beck jogging in to give a look of disbelief! The argument of the goal or no goal and then icing on the cake the call from mother for Jose and the game ending – “impossible is nothing”. How close it is to the childhood fantasies we had… “Marvelouse”


2. Dettol – Cricket Field, Football recovery

For quite some time now, each Dettol advert has touched me, so did these two. Though the cricket field one is the more aired one, I liked the football recovery from the water tank too. The look of the children after achieving the feat on the cricket field and the victory smile when the ball is rescued, both makes you smile with pride.


3. Limca

Still the winner in the soft drink adverts by an arms length. None of the other ones has put as good impression as this one. So fresh and the tune so chirpy that you feel like humming it. And may be the wet, rainy effect does the trick on me; however I like it and like it very much.


4. Fiat Palio

I think I somehow have missed this one earlier. It cam quite some time back, but being aired again recently. So I thought about making amend to my mistake. It’s the one with the harrowed petrol pump guy midst of no-where trying to sell gas to the Palio drivers, and they asking for everything from direction to the loo, but petrol. Finally one asks for petrol, and says “Do Rupayeka Dena!” – for his lighter. Good one!


I should mention about the recent Ford Fiesta advert - “Train se jayenge - Go Fida”. Abhi has his killer attitude, and the advert is snappy; lots of people complains that there is only Abhi and no product in the advert – yet I liked it.


5. Coca Cola – Amir Khan

Well, though not as much as the Limca one and neither as much as the lot that cam earlier from Amir, this one is one of the better ones. At least from the soft drinks group. So it stays – that’s it!


6. Mrs. Marino

Ooooooh! Ok, once more – oooooooh! I just cant stop; like it or not, I love the manes of the females of my species, and the connections it creates are all close to my heart. So – ooooooooh!


That’s it – no more in the Bindaas group this time. Lemme know if I have missed any!


Really Rotten



1. Pepsi TV

Nice concept – bakwas treatment. The marketing concept might be cool and fetch some mileage for Pepsi, but the creative department must have been on a holiday trip to chaibasa or murambawa (I know chaibasa, don’t ask me where Murambawa is!). Apart from Priyanka’s hair, you only have to subject your self to torture!


2. Tea Board of India

Again a nice concept, but what are these? In some of the flicks, I am sure people would like to be a coffee drinker instead. Tea board should be cautious or they would be doing some free advertisement for the coffee sellers. I like my tea, so am fairly disappointed.


3. Sprite

Yuckie! Again I love Sprite (drink most of all the Soft Drinks) – and don’t care if Sania wears the nose ring because she hasn’t got a wedding ring yet. Again I remember those wonderful sprite ads that made me like it… where are those creative teams?


4. Fastrack – Library

Well I still liked the first one for the uniqueness of the treatment. But this one is “Zzimply Zzilly”. The attempt of guys using the books for air is far far below than the “yess sir”.

5. Indica V2 - Diesel

Did you see this one? The one which starts with the man going for fishing! When this one started I sat up to watch it, expecting something really fab; and then a shattering anticlimax. Just hope that the it disappears as fast as it shows that it moves.


6. Cream Bell

Most of the celebrity adverts fall flat on their face; but a lift from the Kwality Walls advert? I was wondering what happened here? Even the recent overtly suggestive Corneto advert is better than this one.


7. Clinic All Clear – Ice Cool

They may be the hottest pain on the big screen, but they can not create the magic on the small screen for Clinic All Clear. Hair turning into ice? Last time I saw it was in Titanic, when da-Caprio dies and sunk. Oh yes its also a regular scene with Johnny Bravo though – John Abraham hopes to be Johnny Bravo?

8. 7 up

I hope Fido doesn’t commit suicide watching himself with the dumbo babe of bollywood. I fully agree that the curvy bottle of 7 Up is much better than the dumb damsel – but can we have this one off the air ASAP? I feel sad for Fido!


Other mentions –


Very few other mentions this time too. Well I saw the recent Moto Slim advert with Abhi. Again, its too much to have Abhi’s charm on the small screen, but at least they have scored better than the Fiesta advert with Abhi. But, then it still can not compete with the top Bindaas ones.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online